Team Manager, Sales at Standard Job opening At Standard Chartered Bank Port Harcourt
Standard Chartered Bank is recruiting into the position below
Job Title: Team Mgr, Sales – PHC
Nigeria – SCB
• Accountability for the strictest compliance with internal guidelines issued at both group and country level for sales model classification, HR, L&C, Finance, credit and operational risk, SQ, Training and certification
• Awareness and strictest compliance of all external, in-country, FSA regulations and other relevant Laws
• Endorse/develop/support, monitor, grow NBO sales channels in active collaboration with the businesses and relevant stakeholders.
• Management of recruitment, training, maintaining and optimising (attrition included) a team of Team leaders/Managers and NBOs and maintaining complete personnel records.
• To make a self assessment certificate of worthiness on the VC NBO operational controls on an annual basis
• Territory Management in the NBO sales environment – market conditions, competitor analysis and activities and demographics
• Comprehensive performance management on the whole channel ( People, systems & methods)
• To develop and manage a management information system MIS for NBO sales, including full reporting & tracking
• To sales manage Team Leaders and by extension NBOs providing them with support, training, ESAU objectives, monitoring and measuring their performance and control the payment of incentives
• Ensure training standards laid down at group and country level including those relating to compliance are met
• To drive motivate and inspire Team leaders to achieve their planned sales activities and target
• Responsible for managing opportunity and risk associated with NBO Sales
• Responsible for managing NBO productivity
• To achieve volume and value targets in order to contribute to the overall goals of the Bank
• To ensure that own area of operation is alert to money laundering/fraudulent activities.
• To adhere strictly to the Bank’s code of conduct and to ensure that the channel similarly complies
• Ensure customer service quality and complaints are handled promptly and efficiently to the satisfaction of customers. At the same time ensure that the process of monitoring the above is clearly defined.
• Follow adequate processes in sales function and structure to prevent mis-selling, mis-representation, fraud and adhere customer protection principles.
• Be an effective agent of change and a role model for talented managers throughout the Bank
• Ensure that effective arrangements are in place within job holders area of business responsibility for the prevention of money laundering in line with Group policy and standards, local legal and regulatory requirements, based on guidance from the country MLPO. In appropriate communication with staff, emphasize the need for all employees to know and adhere to the money laundering guidelines
• Accountability for file approval and error -free file rate
Qualifications & Skills
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
See more vacancies at Standard Chartered Bank here