FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer PMTCT
With the Senior Technical Officer, the Technical Officer will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS, and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS. S/he will support capacity building to the health workers to implement quality services in these areas.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
– Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for research studies.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
– Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
– Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
– Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
Qualification and Requirements
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.