Technical Support Manager Vacancy At Techspecialist Consulting Ltd
Techspecialist Consulting Ltd is a fast growing world-class provider of information technology services and solutions ranging from systems integration, document management, information systems security to open-source solutions. Based in Abuja, Techspecialist serves a wide range of clients across the public and private sectors in different states across Nigeria.
To provide cutting edge support to its growing clientele, the firm requires the services of a young and competent IT professional to join its team as a Technical Support Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for the firm – Techspecialist and its clients.
It is also expected of him/ her to participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within in order to ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values of our clients.
He/ she will also assist or lead project teams on technical issues in the initiation, planning and execution of projects with standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
In summary, participation on projects will be focused on smoothening the transition of projects from initiation to closure by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle and documentation of project activities.
- Provide first and second level IT support to Techspecialist’s clients
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media are recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archives and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II/other support per request from various clients. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Submit periodic reports on projects to stakeholders within agreed timelines.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- First degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or any related discipline
- Relevant professional certification: MCSE, CCNA, CISSP, ITIL etc.
- At least 4yrs experience in IT support or IT projects implementation
- Good managerial skill
- Ability to compose technical documentation on projects and report
- Ability to prioritize and drive tasks through to a successful conclusion with little or no supervision.
- Good team player
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Preferably between 24- 30 years of age
- Must be smart, presentable and articulate
Instructions and Deadline
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com latest by Thursday, October 9, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.