Teller Services Manager Needed At Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the below position of:
Teller Services Manager – Aba
Job ID: 453707
Job Function: Retail Clients
- Delivering quality service to customers via efficient and accurate processing while projecting a professional and warm image in all interpersonal dealings.
- Ensuring that there is water tight cash controls in place at all times.
- Ensuring that Branch System Uptime is maintained and system admin functions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Supervision of the processing of all daily cash site transactions for deposits into current and fixed deposit accounts (Involving cash and cheques) and handling associated customer interactions/inquiries/complaints to a specified standard of quality.
- Ensure that Cash is moved to the Central Cash regularly in order to keep vault balance at minimal level.
- Cash site transactions are posted next working day latest.
- Ensure the Teller’s cash have been balanced daily, tellers registers updated, checked against screen balances and traced / agreed with the General Ledger the following morning.
- Ensure that the Vault Cash (local), has been balanced daily and traced / agreed with the General Ledger the following morning.
- Bank Cheque books are examined and blank forms remaining verified each day.
- Transactions held over are recorded and traced the following day
- Cash custodians must check tellers’ boxes and cash areas when locking tellers away each day to ensure that no cash is left out
- Entries relating to drafts issued are traced to the General ledger from the draft Counterfoil each day.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
- 3-5 years sales experience in a similar role
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Role holder is expected to have some knowledge and experience in offering a range of products to meet customers’ needs but is unlikely to have the full knowledge and experience to offer all Consumer banking products.