Terminal Gate/Yard Clerk Needed At Resource Intermediaries Limited
A company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. The conceptual definition of the company is “easing your business burdens”, which is the fundamental reason for our existence. In living this definition, we focus on three key areas; Human Resource Recruitment & Management, Janitorial Services and Business Support Services (Legal and Company Secretarial Services, Information Technology and Finance & Accounting).
Our client in the shipping industry requires the services of a Finance Manager in Kano. Candidates with the requirements below should apply and upload CV/resume.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Terminal Gate/Yard Clerk
- Minimum SSCE.
- Requires at least one year of previous experience preferably in a port services company.
- Physically fit, no fear of heights and able to pass full medical examination.
- Familiarity in computer applications.
- Basic knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Has understanding of basic tabulating methods, and general math aptitude.
- Has some knowledge of different types of Terminal Tractor chassis and quayside traffic rules and regulations.
- Has some knowledge of different types of vessels and their characteristics.
- Has some knowledge of different types of containers and their characteristics.
- Has some knowledge of different types of hoisting equipment and their characteristics.
- Has some knowledge of terminal operation, terminal traffic rules and regulations.
- Has some knowledge of tariffs, customs rules, regulations and practices.
- Must have some knowledge of vessel positions (bay, stack, tier), and quayside traffic rules and regulations.
- Must have a familiarity with all equipment used for vessel operations, such as tractor, RTG, and quay crane.
- Must have an understanding of basic office principles.
- Must have an understanding of basic timekeeping methods
- Understands safety regulations, safe working procedures and safe materials handling procedures and follows safety and work instructions.
- Has the ability to communicate operational instructions and information via two way radio system.
- Understands common used hand signals to communicate without radio system.
- Requires ability to read and interpret container load plans/discharge sequences.
- Ability to work in a rotating shift system
- Must be able to work in extremely hot, dusty & high noise level conditions.