The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Food Security)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Within the scope of DRC’s Food Security project, funded by WFP, the Logistics Assistant is to provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all Food Security delivery modalities (CBT, GFD, BSFP etc).
- Responsible for receiving the redeemed paper vouchers and redeemed SCOPE Cards and archiving them in accordance CBT manuals and policies and relevant SOPs in coordination with the DRC Food Security Unit;
- For paper vouchers and SCOPE, s/he works on daily basis with the retailers/Vendors, perform the reconciliation of commodities and prices. Once the scanned copy of the invoice is received from Retailers/vendors, S/he must double check and submitted to Snr Food Security Officer (CBT) and Commodity Tracking Officer for further review;
- Responsible for receiving the original retailer invoices and submitting to the DRC Finance CBT Focal Point;
- Follow up and determine with procurement and programme the need for standby contracts for vendors;
- Regularly update and keep track of contracts and contract extension of the retailers/ Vendors
- Perform other duties, as required by the FSM
- 2 years work experience in a humanitarian organization
- 1 year hands on experience in the implementation of the Cash Voucher program
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Availability: Immediately
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Emergency manager & the senior officer to develop, coordinate and manage a Food/Nutrition Distribution project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Assist the EM to manage, train and develop the Food/Nutrition Distribution team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes
- Assist the EM to represent Food/Nutrition distribution project in internal and external forums
- Assist the EM in project documentation, conducting of field assessments, profiling, distribution and community sensitization
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- To be successful in this role we expect you to knowledgable on nutrtion and food security programming, particually within an INGO context.
- You should have both project and people management skills, as well as the flexibility to work with competing priorities.
- Team work and motivation is a must.. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- Relevant higher education at college level on nutrition and health.
- Experience from working as a nutritionist Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context within Nutrition program, preferably with an international NGO
- Proven experience from registration, verification and distribution in emergency relief operations is a strong advantage
- Strong understanding of protection principles and likely protection concerns arising in the Nigerian context as well as conflict sensitivity
- Computer skills (primarily MS Office applications), especially Microsoft Excel.
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required
- Experience in complex emergencies and the ability to live and work in a very remote environment
- Ability to work under pressure and without daily supervision
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal and have a sound knowledge of the local languages of Maiduguri
- Remains productive when under pressure with ability to prioritise effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software Languages:
- Knowledge of the context in rural Nigeria
- Contract length: 6 months
- Level: SB3
- Start date: 10th April, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2018.