The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below:
- Responsible for the maintenance of the medical warehouse as well as its infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, air-conditioning)
- Ensure that the room temperature permanently meets the acceptable temperature range. The check and reporting of the minimum, maximum and actual room temperature on monitoring sheet twice a day can be delegated to helpers. But report immediately to the medical logistician in case of alert.
- Supervise clean and safe unloading of arriving consignments and check that all consignments are accompanied by their respective Waybills and Packing Lists
- Ensure that only authorized consignments leave the medical warehouse with appropriate documentation.
- Perform a complete entry inspection of the parcels (quantity, general conditions) and compare with the Waybill.
- Perform a quality control (quantity, packaging, shelf life, labeling, etc.) of all arriving goods and compare with Packing List.
- Take part of any inventory exercise organized by Medical Logistician
- Actively support the Medical Logistician in ensuring the reliability and auditability of medical stocks management
- Secondary education
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or storekeeping an asset
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar field
- Proficient Hausa language and good oral and written English knowledge
- PC literate: Microsoft office. Microsoft Excel is an asset
- Medical knowledge is an asset
- Sense of organization
- Rigor and methodical
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected] Please clearly indicate “Medical Storekeeper ABJ” as the subject of your application.
- Applications intended for the role without the above subject will not be treated.
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.