The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was founded on the belief that social and behavior change communication (SBCC) is key to solving the world’s most pressing health problems. Our mission is to inspire and empower people around the world to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Director
Reports to: Project Director
- CCP will be implementing the USAID Breakthrough-ACTION-Nigeria project that will use state-of-the-art, evidence-based tools to encourage people in developing countries to adopt healthy behaviours.
- Much of the work will harness the power of communication – from mass media campaigns to TV and radio dramas to simple posters in a health clinic – to inspire long-lasting change.
- The project will also take advantage of other behavioural science approaches such as behavioural economics and human-centred design to improve programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Finance Director is the primary financial officer of the program.
- S/he ensures that financial functions support the timely and effective implementation of the program’s technical scope of work.
- S/he ensures that resources are allocated and used in compliance with agreement requirements, applicable USG regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures.
- The Finance Director also oversees the timely issuance of sub-awards and contracts issued under the cooperative agreement and procurement of commercial goods and commercial services.
- S/he also oversees cost share within the project.
The proposed Finance Director must meet or exceed all of the following specific requirements:
- Has a Master’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related field;
- Has at least five (5) years’ experience leading administration (reporting, financial management, and compliance) of large (defined here as having a life-of-project budget of $20M or more) health and development contracts or agreements that serve clients in developing countries;
- Has experience working in partnership with U.S. Government agencies or other large donor agencies; and
- Has achieved certifications/completed trainings in financial and award management of USG grants and agreements.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
5PM; 14th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s only as one PDF document to: [email protected] The subject line for your submission must read: “Application for BAFinance Director”
- Any email without this exact subject line will be immediately discarded. The PDF document file name must be named using the candidate’s last and first name. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are a good fit for this position, languages you speak and your proficiency level in each language and states in Nigeria where you have previously worked.
- Candidates should not send any other documents or attachments. Any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded.
- Candidates should not send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
- Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement.
- Please follow all directions exactly as written to be considered.