If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Job Title: Supply Manager
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct guidance of the Chief of Operations, the incumbent manages the supply and logistics operations of a complex nature with significant impact on programme delivery, services, supply and logistic, processes and systems, requiring advanced professional technical mastery and expertise in support of operations and programme objectives. Accountable for effective planning, contracting, procurement, distribution, inventory management of UNICEF’s supplies, in support of the Country Programmes.
Key Expected Results
1. Rapid and relevant responses provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
2. The highest level of integrity, standards and accountability maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular and accurate reporting.
3. Technical leadership, support, coaching and training provided to capacity-building in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely delivery of supplies.
4. Effective procurement conducted to attain best overall value while maintaining product quality.
5. Effective collaboration and partnership in supply/procurements/purchasing/contracting/logistics with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
i) Core Values:
– Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies:
– Working with People
– Drive for Results
iii) Functional Competencies:
– Leading and Supervising
– Formulating Strategies and Concepts
– Relating and Networking
– Persuading and Influencing
– Creating and Innovating
iv) Technical Knowledge:
– Knowledge of Supply Chain Management preferably in a developing country context.
– Mastery of technical knowledge (product knowledge, market research/analysis) required for Supply Management/Purchasing/Contracting (e.g., vaccine, equipment, medical supplies, contracts, customs function, taxation, insurance, etc.).
– Knowledge of relevant Information Technology software.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.).
At least eight years progressive professional experience at national and international level in supply, procurement, logistics management preferably with UNICEF or International/government/commercial organizations, some of which in management capacity.
Experience in emergency duty station and in dealing with government counterparts is a plus.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language is considered an asset.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- Please note that this is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have applied previously, will also be considered, and do not need to re-apply.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply