Urgent Telecoms And Data Services Vacancy
Our Client is a global leader in the telecommunications and data-services sectors delivering wide range of affordable, high quality and easy to use broadband access and communication services across Africa. Due to expansion, the above position has become vacant in the Port Harcourt region.
Title of position: Sales Operations Officer (OPCO)
Location of the job: Port Harcourt (Candidates MUST be resident in Port Harcourt)
Dept: Sales & Distribution – OPCO
Reports To: OPCO Head of Distribution & Sales and later to Sales Operations Manager
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job: (Short description):
- Support functions essential to sales force productivity of in the Sales & Distribution functional area.
- Plan and execute the tactical elements of sales to develop best practices and continuously improve effectiveness: lead generation management, pipeline management and business forecasting.
- Partner with IT and Operations to provide systems to support execution of tactical elements and delivery of strategic goals.
- Partner with sales management, marketing and IT to develop and support sales systems including Customer Relationship Management tools.
- Plan and coordinate execution of all internal and external sales events including sales campaigns, account reviews, special events and annual sales meeting.
- Partner with sales management to and oversee day-to-day process execution and adherence to policies, identify problems, recommend/take corrective action, communicate performance results and/or changes throughout sales organization, cross-functional business unit team and company executives.
- Assist Head of Department and coordinates sales forecasting, planning, budgeting processes.
- Serve as internal ambassador for sales in relationships with cross functional stakeholders including: strategic planning, finance, legal, product marketing and product management, administration, distribution and customer care. Partner with line of business strategic planning and marketing to develop go-to-market plans, launch plans and validate markets.
- Collate and ensure timely submission of Sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organizations.
- Working with Finance, Human Resources ensure Sales force commission and incentives are paid promptly.
- Involved in development of Sales process and constantly monitor adherence to the process and recommend change to any bottleneck and inconsistencies that hampers sales.
- Other deliverables are as follows:
– Operational target setting
– Operational reporting
– Inventory management and logistics
-Sales program implementation
- Implement and disseminate any new processes and coordinates training delivery to sales force.
- Provision of affordable high quality data and voice services for everyone, leveraging IP-based LTE wireless technologies and company’s innovative business model.
- University degree
- 3-5 years of experience in distribution and sales to the consumer market
- Experience should include a few years of operational sales “in the streets” (not HQ function)
- Experience in logistics is a plus
- Experience in FMCG is a plus
- Experience in marketing is a plus
- Strong distribution, sales or marketing background
- Telecom or FMCG background
- Sub-Saharan African experience is a must Skills / physical competencies:
- Strong organizational skills including a superior attention to details
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong project management and communications skills
- Strong process focus/ mindset
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong self starter, able to drive initiatives independently
- Salary is between
N2,000, 000 – N2,500, 000/ annum (Based on experience)
- ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND THEIR UPDATED CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘SOO – PH’ as subject of mail.
- Closing date is 24th August, 2014.