Urgent Vacancy – Import Documentation And Clearing Officer At Eat N Go
Job Title: Import Documentation and Clearing Officer
Job Profile: Responsible for managing of all import function of the company (From Pre shipment, Shipping and clearing from the ports).
• Opening of form M / LC (Application to import)
• Handling timely order execution & documentation like Pre & Post shipment documents.
• Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
• Liaising with accredited clearing agent for the clearing of good at destination (Apapa , Tin can island and airport as the case maybe
• Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
• Administering import procedures and documentations and effectively liaison with Nigerian Customs / Logistics.
• Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
• Managing seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
• Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
• Coordinating with Port Authorities for various requirements connected the vessels handling at the ports.
• Renewal of relevant licenses for all company imported listed items(should be conversant to the procedures)
• To get duty assessment in one day after Pre- Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR) and rotation number is allotted.
• To follow up with approved clearing agent to ensure timely clearance.
• To apply and get refunds (shipping & container deposits etc.)
• To be able to organize fast track clearing for the group.
• To prepare daily progress report and send to Head Office before close of the business.
• Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers
A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline Degree. Master Degree. a Plus.
Minimum of 4 years cognate experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports. Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, Banks, shipping companies and Terminals.
Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
Must have knowledge of the customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
Mastery of the Internet for Business Purposes.
Pleasant Personality and Ability
Qualified candidate to email resume to [email protected] with Job Title as Subject of email.