Vacancy At Givaudan
Givaudan is the global leader in the fragrance and flavour industry, offering its products to global, regional and local food, beverage, consumer goods and fragrance companies.
Our Flavour Division has four business units: Beverages, Dairy, Savoury and Sweet Goods. The Fragrance Division has three business units: Fine Fragrances, Consumer Products and Fragrance Ingredients.
Headquartered in Vernier Switzerland, Givaudan holds a 25% market share in an industry which is valued overall at around CHF 17 billion. We have been listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since June 2000 and are one of the country’s 30 largest companies in terms of market capitalisation.
In 2012, Givaudan achieved sales of CHF 4.3 billion, with a workforce of over 9,000 employees and subsidiaries in over 40 countries. It has a presence in all major markets and a network of 80 sites in mature and developing regions.
We invest more in research and development than any other company in the industry and we have the heritage, scale and the supply chain to serve worldwide customers seamlessly with innovative products and concepts.
Commercial Assistant / Receptionist
Are you up for this great career opportunity?!
The Fragrances division is seeking an experienced and customer focused individual to support the commercial operations at our newly established regional office in Lagos, Nigeria.
You will be joining a highly paced, passionate and diverse team whose main objective is to grow our existing business presence in West Africa.
In this role you will be challenged with managing the daily administration of the Fragrances office in Lagos, acting as the contact point between the Sales team, Customers, Marketing and the Technical teams both in Johannesburg – South Africa and Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
Core responsibility will include customer service, pre- and post-sales support and general office operations coordination.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage an office
- Interact and develop professional relations with customers
- Understanding/meeting customer expectations
- Cross functional coordination at various departmental levels
Key Responsibilities include:
- Act as an active and effective link between various departments managed overseas and our different-sized customers
- Sales order management: Follow up on orders, Filing the orders/invoices including documentations
- Pricing: Quotation according to Sales instructions, Liaising with Pricing in South Africa and Dubai
- Samples management
- Maintain customer database
- Responsible for obtaining all relevant information for questionnaires and product information as requested by customers
- Responsible for compiling sales statistics and market intelligence data
- Collect and interpret local / regional consumer understanding data
- Assist with all other activities to improve Sales and Marketing performance
- Entering & updating projects using internal computer database
- Working with commercial tools and systems
- Office administration and front-facing reception duties; expense / petty cash management, coordination of suppliers and service providers
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Business or Commerce with 3-4 years’ experience in a customer services environment
- Fluent in English (Written and Spoken), French would be an added advantage
- Customer focused.
- PC user literacy (Lotus Notes/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Keen attention to details / Strong filling capacity
- Ability to deal with, analyze and interpret numerical and business information.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Self-motivated and able to use your initiative
- Ability to work on his/her own due to nature of the job
- Active team player
- Highly organized
- Open minded and pleased to share the feeling of sense, smell and taste
- Be able to drive and preferably have own transport
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here