VACANCY FOR AN ACCOUNT OFFICER
Our client is an Indigenous Nigerian Company dedicated towards the development of agro-allied production of consumable products. As a result of expansion, the above position has become vacant.
Job Location: Ikorodu, Lagos. (Proximity to Location is KEY!)
• Generate sales invoices and credit notes
• Reconcile accounts receivable subsidiary ledger with general ledger
• Maintain aged debtors’ trial balance within policy thresholds and follow up customers with outstanding balances
• Prepare aged debtor lists and contact clients in order to procure outstanding payments
• Liaise with section managers; follow up of longstanding/delinquent debtors.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers
• Banking duties as required
Accounts payable and inventory
• Data entry of vendor invoices
• Maintenance of inventory data base
• Generate vendor payments as required
• Reconciliation of petty cash
• Assist with processing of credit card reconciliations
• Prepare month-end reconciliations, journals, accruals and pre-payments, to trial balance
• Prepare month-end sales & management reporting as necessary
• Prepare and process payroll as at when due
• Prepare, check and reconcile payroll reports to ensure accuracy of processing.
• Provide high quality, prompt advice to managers and staff on finance policies, processes and queries.
• Other administrative and accounts duties as assigned from time to time.
Education, Skills & Attributes
- HND/BSC in accounting ( not a chartered accountant)
- 2 – 3 years work experience in similar field
- Must be IT savvy
- Must be able to work with accounting software
- Must be very good with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and attention to detail in a busy, changing work
- Ability to plan and organise work schedule and work within tight timelines
- Ability to provide high-calibre customer service
- Achieve results by working to agreed priorities, outcomes and time constraints.
- Cultivates productive working relationships by actively participating in teamwork and group
- Displays personal drive and integrity working as directed to achieve work objectives
- Communicates with influence by confidently presenting messages in a clear, concise manner.
- Candidate MUST reside in Ikorodu and its environment.
Salary is N70, 000 /M
Qualified candidates resident in Ikorodu and its environment should please forward CVs to ‘[email protected]’ using ‘Account Officer – IKD’ as subject of mail. Proximity to Job location is KEY!
Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview. Closing date is 13th, August, 2014.