Graduate Teller At Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered PLC is a leading international bank, listed on the London, Hong Kong and Mumbai stock exchanges. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and earns more than 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This geographic focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers has driven the Bank’s growth in recent years.
With 1,700 offices in 70 markets, Standard Chartered offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities for around 85,000 staff. It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, Here for good.
To handle the counter transactions and assist TSM/BOM running the daily branch operations and service delivery.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Learn and understand all relevant regulations and internal Risk & Compliance policies and procedures
• Handle the following transactions and provide services according to the laid down procedures and standard of service:
Ø Cash transactions
Ø Fund transfer
Ø Customer inquiry
Ø Cheque collection
Ø Account maintenance
Ø Balance confirmation
Ø Customer Complaint handling
Ø Rate board update
Ø Cross Selling
Ø Internal & external reports
Ø Adherence to till limit of N100k and floor limit of N2m
Ø Other assigned duties
• Assist TSM/BOM to ensure all Operational, Compliance, Control procedure and guideline are properly carried out and adhered to.
• Comply with internal policies and external regulations and ensure all internal and external report to be submitted on time
• To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity, and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager as well as directly to the Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
• Build up good relationship with all internal and external customers.
• Make effort to improve personal product knowledge and to acquire multi-products processing skill.
• Make effort to improve personal productivity and output level. To achieve established standard.
• Understand and follow carefully the Bank’s operational risk control standard underlying operating process and ensure the risks are minimized.
• Ensure timeliness of managing customer’s complaint.
Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
“Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to Customers”.
Qualifications & Skills
•B.Sc from any recognised University
•A good knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies.
•Good service skills/etiquette/personal presentation
•Good knowledge of bank cash related policies
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.