Vacancy for Strategy Manager at The Coca-Cola Company
The closing date for this role will be 3rd June 2014.
- Strategy: Determine where we want to be in the future and how we will get there – includes industry forecasting, identification of growth options, defining decision-making criteria, opportunity prioritization, and communicating strategy to stakeholders
- Macroeconomic & Competitive Intelligence: Become the centre of excellence within the CEWA organization for the development and communication of compelling insights & implications of macroeconomic trends and competitive activity
- Special Strategic Projects: Support business and organizational decision-making activities by providing problem solving expertise, methodologies and analytics for the CEWA Leadership Team
- Conduct, organize and execute necessary research to collect relevant information that supports key decision making
- Support the BUP Office in communicating strategy to key stakeholders as required
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Strategy Team (where applicable).
- Lead research and develop insights, both quantitative and qualitative, analyse data to develop an understanding of the business environment
- Evaluate and define competitive landscape for new and existing competitors
- Package the insights in charts / reports / presentations and other outputs to communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Identify key business opportunities within the BU, articulate the business case and develop relevant solutions to solve complex problems across the BU
- Assist BUPO in preparation of key stakeholder meetings by providing relevant information and preparing presentations as required e.g. Bottler Conference, Annual Kick –Offs, Senior Group/ Corporate official visits
- Build value based and strategic “win-win” relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Lead capability building initiatives within KO targeted at analysts, country teams on strategic thinking
- Coach and develop direct report (s) to maximize full and current potential
Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with:
- Franchise /Function Heads- CEWABU Leadership Team
- Strategy & Business Planning Team
- Franchise/In-Country Teams
- Knowledge and Insights
- Strategy Teams at Group and Corporate level
- Bottler Leadership Teams
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction:
- Develop deep understanding of strategy issues across the BU
- Gather information and insights
- Problem solving
- Coach Country Teams in helping them build their strategic thinking
- Influence organization towards improved strategy thinking
- Bottlers issues: full spectrum – some big sophisticated Bottler to small – individually owned
- Marketing including pricing and packaging growth / expansion to new ventures
- Supply chain redesign
- Value Chain Analyses
- Research Application: Ability to leverage research results into actionable business needs
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
High impact job whose output influences major strategic decisions and direction potentially accelerating growth of business
INNOVATION: Same as above.
Direct Reports: Strategy Analyst
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS: Leader of Others
- Strong data gathering skills – internally and externally with ability to probe all relevant resources to maximize results
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform complex analysis (excel modelling skills) and clearly and concisely communicate results to a broad audience
- Ability to work and influence cross functionally with multiple stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to proactively assess opportunities for further growth
- In depth understanding of consumers and trade research design
- Ability to work in a fluid organization setting where the focus is the initiative (work); ability to quickly establish oneself in a new project team; ability to move from one team to another quickly and work in multiple teams at the same time.
- Project Management Skills
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
Generic Competencies: Leader of Others
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Balances immediate and long term priorities
- Delivers results
- Imports and exports good ideas
- Develops and Inspires others
- Lives the values
- 7-9 years of relevant experience with strong focus on qualitative and quantitative analysis. Variety of experiences is more critical than number of years.
- Consulting experience preferably from top tier consulting firms.
- Fluent in English. French or Portuguese an added advantage.
- Solid communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree required – strong emphasis on quantitative analysis, economics and business courses. MBA is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a variety of different cultures as the job will span several different countries on the African continent.
- Ability to deal with several layers inside the organization at the same time.
- Fluent in English. French /Portuguese an added advantage
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Approximately 15% and often requiring overnight stays
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
|Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.|