Job Vacancies at Wood Group PSN
We provide a fully integrated system engineering approach that incorporates subsea trees, manifolds, controls and umbilicals, subsea structures, pipelines, risers and vessel interface structures. We have thirty years of experience working on subsea developments across the world, continually stretching our capability for long subsea tieback distances and in the deepest waters. Design of new developments is typically led by the three Kenny named constituent businesses, that is, J P Kenny, MCS Kenny and MSi Kenny.
As flow assurance specialists, MSi Kenny are likely to be involved very early on in projects to determine feasible solutions for transporting the hydrocarbons from the reservoir to the host facility, and continue through the project phases thereafter, ultimately specifying the operating procedures for the development. MCS Kenny take responsibility for the riser design. J P Kenny, with support from the other Wood Group Kenny constituent businesses as appropriate, leads our subsea operations support capability.
We take responsibility for subsea equipment reliability and maintainability doing what is necessary to keep the development in operation. WGIM take responsibility for assessing the ongoing integrity of the subsea system in operation. This means identifying and managing offshore inspections, interpreting inspection results and assessing anomalies, assessing current integrity and finding solutions to integrity problems.
Position: Manager – Subsea Projects
Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for The Manager of Subsea Projects to join the Wood Group Kenny team on a rotational basis in Lagos, Nigeria.
To provide a comprehensive and effective leadership and direction to the engineering and technical execution team in delivery of all projects in the office in Lagos.
Job role is independently accountable for support delivery of all Lagos, Nigeria based execution for the multiple clients.
Principal Project Responsibilities:
With Local autonomy, establishes and maintains the technical and project standards for the all international and local client’s workscopes. Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting. Participates in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of engineering and/or Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contracts, and supporting business acquisitions & preparation of technical proposals. Experience in growth of engineering businesses will be considered and advantage. Responsible for the deployment of WGPSN Management Systems throughout the business.
Input to local content plan and resourcing graduates and input to composite structured training plan for the project.
Review of all job progress, and delivery of a consolidated engineering monthly progress report.
· Review and agree CTR’s and estimates produced by lead discipline engineers for design changes and additional work-scopes. Challenge the necessity of changes and implementing more cost effective solutions if possible.
· Promote effective communication and challenge within the engineering disciplines in order to foster the production of safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and constructible designs.
· Contribute to the Management of the engineering resource and ensure that all engineering discipline sections are adequately staffed with appropriately qualified personnel.
· Provide support to Operations Director in visible leadership as the in-country engineering champion.
· ontribute to the ongoing development of project plans, schedules and estimates.
· Develop, recruit and manage local Engineering execution capability, fully aligned with the WG network functional system, processes and standards.
· Manage the overall provision of Project, Engineering and Technical Services strategies, policies, processes and programs.
· Supervise direct reports and provide support to those in developing their areas of responsibility and the supervision of all team personnel.
· Responsible for ensuring effective project close-out / as-building and lessons learned processes are completed for all engineering projects.
· Support the development, implementation and successful delivery of the business plan.
· Establish and manage the projects, engineering department budget for all Projects.
· Ensure that all project, project support and engineering work is managed and executed in accordance with the agreed budget and plan.
· Where appropriate, spearhead initiatives aimed at developing an innovative and cost saving approach.
· Ensure that all design changes are captured by the change control process.
· Identify, establish and maintain relationships with external services providers for sub-contract support services.
· Contribute to the Management of the project, project support and engineering resource and ensure that all engineering discipline sections are adequately staffed with appropriately qualified personnel.
· To ensure that the management system has updated Engineering policies and processes and employees are aware & understand these policies and procedures.
· Ensure Technical/Engineering function adopts the company core values in delivery of all workscopes.
· Demonstrate clear leadership and proactive engagement in HSE programmes and objectives. Participate/lead audits, ERP exercises and management reviews.
· Ensure design and safety reviews and audits are carried out in accordance with the approved PSN, client and project procedures and plans. Ensure that they are closed-out in a timely manner.
· Actively support the delivery of HSE and Business improvement programmes.
· 15 years’ experience in project execution (onshore and offshore projects)
· Performing a similar role in the past an advantage and involved in developing of engineering offices from inception.
· Good Knowledge of WGPSN/WG Management Systems
· Good English spoken & written and clear communicator
· Excellent presentation skills
· Good Interviewing Techniques and Skills
· Team Player
· Excellent Coaching and Mentoring
· Sharing Lessons Learned between Regional Projects
· Local Negotiation and problem Solving
· Focused Drive
· Emotional Intelligence (Culturally Adept)
· Trusted Influence
· Systems Thinking
· Willing to Travel (Africa)
· No Visa Restrictions
HOW TO APPLY
Please quote job reference IRC in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications