VP Linear TV Needed At IROKOtv
Dubbed the “Netflix of Africa”, iROKOtv.com is the worlds largest online distributor of African movies. Headquartered in Africa’s most populous country, Nigeria, with regional offices in Newyork and Johannedburg, the business has an audience in excess of 6million people worldwide and is regularly featured as one of Africa’s fastest growing internet businesses in worldwide press including Techcrunch, CNN, CNBC,Africa, BBC, Variety, Financial Times, Economist and Forbes.
With substantial revenue projections expected over the next 3-5years, iROKO Studios is now recruiting for a number of key senior executive roles.
VP Linear TV
iROKOtv is looking for a talented VP to join our expanding team as the VP of Linear TV.
In charge of our Linear TV strategy, you will be responsible for building the distribution channels outside of Africa for our linear basic pay channels.
You will be required to come with an understanding of the infrastructure requirements and use cases for a profitable global channel.
You will work with other stakeholders, specifically the tech team and lead the sales team in order to maximise brand campaigns on the channel.
Desired Skills and Experience
- MBA essential
- Academic qualification from a top Ivy league school desirable
- Expert in contract negotiations
- 3+ years sales & marketing experience within the film and television in the African industry
- Knowledge working with major broadcasting / TV networks such as BBC, MultiChoice, Pana etc
- A strong understanding of the African content market and how to monetize across various platforms desirable.
- Strong sales & business development skills.