Wakanow.com is Nigeria’s first and leading online travel company that provides customers with everything they need to research, plan and purchase a trip locally and globally.
Wakanow.com offers travelers the cheapest available fares for flights, hotel reservations, airport pickups, visa assistance, vacation packages and many other travel services from a broad selection of partners. Established in 2008, Wakanow was founded as Nigeria’s first online travel company to bridge the gap and inefficiencies in Nigeria’s online travel space.
Though it launched in 2008, the site fully took off around the period of the last World Cup in South Africa, affording it much needed early kick-off momentum. It has since grown to become the 5th Fastest Growing Company in Nigeria. This was awarded to them at the Nigeria50 Awards organized by All World Network in partnership with the Tony Elumelu foundation.
As DevOps Engineer, you will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems, help automate and streamline software development operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Create deployment packages and deploy to Test, QA and Production environment.
- Work with support team to schedule deployment to various environments.
- Configure Test, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable development.
- Perform system administration activities.
- Manage and maintain the development/software repositories across all systems
- Perform upgrades/apply fixes on open source software and in-house developed software.
- Provide 24×7 L2 support on open source software and in house developed software.
- Perform application debugging, troubleshooting and escalate issues to appropriate team.
- Identify automation opportunities within development and support teams, and develop appropriate scripts.
- Implement application monitoring system.
- Perform systems & applications usage, metrics and trend analysis reports.
- Support unit, volume, security, network, redundancy and overall system testing.
- Strong background in Microsoft Azure Administration Experience with automation/configuration management using either Azure, Powershell, Team Foundation, VSO or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is an advantage)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- A working understanding of code and script (.NET, JSON, PHP, XAML)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Knowledge of release management in an agile environmentKnowledge of SRCUM and DEVOPS culture and practices
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wakanow career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply