Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and energy solutions of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Wartsila Nigeria is now looking for energetic and service minded Accountants. These positions are located in Lagos, Nigeria,
- Perform Transactional related task.
- Booking purchase invoices against correct purchase orders and items
- Checking the correctness of purchase invoices (legal requirements to be fulfilled)
- Ensuring that approved invoices will go for payment according to due dates by collecting also all possible cash discounts
- initiate actions to improve financial performance with in own responsibility area.
- Provide reports and assists in conducting analysis on the financial performance.
- Ensure that financial information is in compliance with Corporate and local guidelines (Corporate manual, accounting manual, local legislation, directives etc.).
- Ensure FICO documents are prepared according to contract.
- Booking of purchase invoices to correct G/L accounts with correct VAT codes
- Knowledge of finance module in SAP
- Flexibility and good team working skills, ability to coordinate work within team
- Positive attitude and pro-active thinking, interest in process optimization
- Customer service skills
- Local tax knowledge Bachelor in Accounting & Finance or equivalent qualification 3-5 years post qualification experience in Finance and Accounting.
- ICAN certified or relevant professional body.
- Systematic and organized way of working
- Good communication skills and ability to work with people from different cultures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th April, 2018.