Softcom is a group of professionals whose overarching goal is to add value. For 3 years, we have supported organisations in their quest for impact and growth using Technology.
Job Title: Web Designer.
Job Location: Lagos.
Apply Before: 22nd September, 2017.
Summary of Functions
- Softcom creates some of Africa’s most cutting-edge software products, and we want you to be a part of our team. We are currently in search of an experienced Web Designer who is driven to create amazing user experiences with an eye for clean and artful web design and great user interface design skills.
- One with the ability to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, transforming concepts into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualizing original website design ideas that incorporates simplicity and user friendliness.
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicating interaction and design ideas
- Presenting and defending designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Managing and updating UI components to meet project/modern design practices.
- Collaborating with complex team of designers, developers and executives
- Performing all other functions as may be required of you to enable Softcom achieve its strategic objectives.
- Report to: Chief Innovation Officer
- Supervises: non
- Liaises with: Engineering team
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT/Mercurial
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Knowledge of frontend libraries and development frameworks such as JQuery, AngularJS, ReactJS etc. is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication. Sitting for extended periods is common.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop;.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, and copiers.
- The Job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online