Wema Bank Plc Company Profile
The bank was established on May 2, 1945, as a private limited liability company. It was granted a commercial banking license and commenced banking activities during the same year. Wema Bank converted to a public limited liability company in 1987. In 1990, the bank was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. It trades under the symbol: WEMABANK. It was granted a Universal Banking License in February 2001.
The Wema Bank Brand reinforces our key differentiating factor which is Value Driven Relationship Banking.
This is the single concept which drives the understanding of what we do, who we are and how we go about our business. It is the one word that best personifies the behavior, products and services of the Bank. It is the summation of the Bank’s Brand Muscles.
Our Brand is driven by a desire to develop an intimate relationship with our customers, putting us in a position to recognize their requirements and priorities. Our approach is hinged on mutual respect, service, innovation and efficiency. In line with our core ideals and values, seek to understand our customers’ businesses and objectives, such that we are able to meet and anticipate their needs.
- We are conscientious believers: believers in people and societal values, believers in the people we work for, the people we work with, and the people we serve.
- We believe in collective progress, the common good and sustainable success.
- We measure our success not only by what we gain or reap from the people we interact with, but most importantly, by the reciprocal value we add to them – their lives, their businesses.
- We strive to create values that endure, values that uplift human dignity and collective welfare.
- Success to us implies succeeding along with all our stakeholders, all moving and creative value as the hallmark of great relationships.