x86 Product Field Engineering Professional Needed at IBM
Job Title: x86 Product Field Engineering Professional
Product Field Engineering Professional (PFE) to support the x86 server products(incl System x and/or PureFlex) within Lenovo’s Enterprise product portfolio.
The PFE professional is responsible for case management and timely resolution of break / fix issues. The PFE provides technical expertise to the field client support teams (Level 1 and 2) and develops technical action plans to resolve escalated client issues. The PFE works in conjunction with Product Engineering to isolate and perform root cause analysis of defect issues, and generates field communications such as Service Tips and notable issues. The PFE will help to manage the technical resolution plan for pervasive field issues; and subsequently, will help drive lessons learned to facilitate a continuous improvement quality process.
1. Interface with clients, field technical support and internal client teams to drive technical resolution plans for escalated field issues, with key focus on timely resolution of issues and maintaining client satisfaction.
2. Perform problem determination and defect root cause isolation by analyzing hardware diagnostic & OS logs.
3. Drive technical action plans with urgency to restore client production for production outages or severe client-impacting situations.
4. Setup systems with client configuration in the lab to replicate reported field failures.
5. Create field communications collateral for defect and pervasive issues, including Service Tips and Notable issues.
7. Provide on-site assistance to resolve critical client situations (when required).
8. Participate in lessons learned reviews as part of driving continuous improvement in products and processes.
This position is associated with the IBM X86 business, which is being divested to Lenovo and will operate under Lenovo’s Enterprise Division. Upon formal closure of the deal, the successful candidate for this role will be hired or transferred to a position within Lenovo’s Enterprise business. When the divestiture transaction closes in the applicable country, depending on the local legal environment and management decision, the candidate will either transfer automatically to Lenovo in accordance with the processes and practices applicable to other transferring IBM employees or receive a job offer directly from Lenovo. By applying for this position, you consent that IBM may share and discuss with Lenovo all information (including but not limited to your resume/CV) that you provide in association with this application for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications and suitability for the position.
hands-on experience with Intel x86 servers : Acquired
experience in a technical engineering role doing hardware problem determination and trouble-shooting : Acquired
client-facing experience : Acquired
experience in Development, Manufacturing or Product Engineering or Client technical support role : Acquired
experience working in the design, development and/or support of x86 servers : Acquired
Working knowledge of networking protocols and/or Operating Systems (Windows, Linux or VMWare) : Acquired
hands-on experience with Intel x86 servers : Applied
experience in a technical engineering role doing hardware problem determination and trouble-shooting : Applied
How to apply:
View more vacancies at IBM here